Monday, January 23, 2012

a blog is born

Hello, everyone! My name is Ben Nicoara, and welcome to my new blog!
I am a senior at Georgia State University, and I am finishing up my undergraduate studies in Geographic Informations Science. (a.k.a. GIS)
Honestly, this blog is a part of my requirements in a very intriguing class I just started taking entitled 'Urban Environments,' but I think I could actually see this blog surviving and growing long past the end of this semester, and even graduation!

I've always been somewhat of a map geek, ever since childhood, but since being at school in a huge, dynamic world city like Atlanta, my interests have definitely expanded. Histories and concept ideas for former and future urban planning/redevelopment projects are an area of focus for my extra-curricular interests. Also, mass transit network expansion (generally referring to heavy-rail and light-rail) definitely catches my attention too. I enjoy researching news about other cities across the globe, and how they are dealing locally with their issues concerning: population boom, transportation infrastructure, livability and greenspace, resource/food scarcity, public health and epidemics, etc.

my favorite city on earth: Paris, France
exploring Zurich, Switzerland
I really hope that somebody out there will find my thoughts interesting. Feel free to read, comment, and share anything and everything you find interesting on the topic. I am definitely open to learning more and more! Blog posts will appear at least once weekly, but hopefully more than that If I find the time for it.


- sincerely, Ben





No comments:

Post a Comment